In Active Talkers, your child will be trained on how to use crucial speaking and pronunciation skills and build his or her vocabulary through engaging and exciting stories, and activities suitable for their age group. This programme achieves this through three enticing aspects geared specifically towards younger children:
storytelling, hands-on activities, and communication skills enrichment. It includes activities such as:
Picture Telling & Story Time
Storytelling also increases a child’s willingness to communicate their thoughts and feelings. It enhances listening skills, encourages active participation, verbal proficiency, and critical curiosity.
At KidsEdge, we read and discuss a variety of stories with your child.
- Each class session involves at least one story with pictures and vocabulary your child will be sure to enjoy
- We encourage children to recall words and facts from the stories read through questions
- “What was the rabbit doing?”, “Do you remember what this animal is called?”
- Students are asked to add enriching details to the stories read, which help in the development of critical thinking skills
- “What do you think the rabbit will do next? Why?”
Draw & Tell
Each Active Talkers lesson contains activities specially designed for kinaesthetic learning, which is great for children at this stage of learning.
- For example, some students may be asked to cut out shapes and correctly match where they might go
- Others may be given parts of an animal and asked to reassemble
Throughout these activities, our teachers encourage students to explain their actions and engage them in conversation. By both doing and voicing their thoughts, children become more knowledgeable of the world around them.
KidsEdge gives our Active Talker students plenty of opportunities to hear the English language from native speakers and participate in spoken activities.
During the lesson, children complete listening and speaking activities using a variety of vocabulary and sounds. Active Talkers helps students develop fluency and confidence by encouraging active oral communications.
Our teachers ensure all students are vocal participants in the class and help students clarify what their thoughts and ideas may be. Students are asked to repeat words and phrases or read stories geared towards their level.
The ability to properly pronounce words encourages them to continue talking!